Re: Table align = center

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 10:15:52 -0500
To: Daniel.Mann@smed.com
CC: www-html-editor@w3.org, Eliezer.Biderman@smed.com
Daniel.Mann@smed.com wrote:

> The following was cut from the documentation on Table.
> It includes align=center   which will center the table as a unit [not each
> individual line as in text-align].
>
> It says that this feature is deprecated.
>
> Could you please tell me what the newer approach is?
> Is there a Style Sheet property & value that can accomplish the same thing?

For inline tables, use 'text-align' [1]. For blocks, use margin
properties
to center the block (for example { margin-left: 10%; margin-right: 10% }
will give you 10% of available width on either side of the block).

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/tables.html#column-alignment

> Thanking you in advance.

Hope this helps,

 - Ian

> Daniel Mann
>
> align = left|center|right [CI]
> Deprecated. This attribute specifies the position of the table with respect
>  to the document. Permitted values:
> left: The table is to the left of the document.
> center: The table is to the center of the document.
> right: The table is to the right of the document.

Tel/Fax:                     +1 212 684-1814
Cell:                        +1 917 450-8783