"meta" attributes in XHTML

From: Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 15:53:58 +0200
To: dsr@w3.org
CC: www-html-editor@w3.org

Dave,

I am writting the SMIL metadata module
http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/Group/Metadata/Metadata-19991019.html

and I would like to have more details about the  metainformation in the
Modularization of XHTML spec
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-modularization/xhtml_modules.html#s_metamodule
This XHTML spec has no definition for the "meta" attributes I18n,
content,
http-equiv, name and scheme. Are the definitions to be "inherited" from
some
prior version of HTML? Where are the formal definitions of these
attributes?

Thierry MICHEL                        	tmichel@w3.org
W3C / INRIA 				+33 (0) 4 92 38 79 87
2004, Route des Lucioles