Re: HTML code request

Olivier Lefevre wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Woul it be possible to have the exact HTML code used to produce
> the "Travel Expense Report" GIF table in paragraph 11.4.2 of
> http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/tables.html
> The code that follows it in the text is _not_ the code that was
> used to make the GIF (at least it does not look anywhere like that
> GIF when viewed in Amaya).

Hello Olivier,

I don't think that there was HTML code used to produce the
table - in fact, that's why we used a GIF instead of actual
HTML markup. Rendering varies and we wanted to be sure to
convey the same information on any system able to render GIF.

The HTML spec does not specify how markup must be rendered,
although it may suggest renderings.

 - Ian
__
Tel/Fax:                     +1 212 684-1814
Cell:                        +1 917 450-8783