[Fwd: typing at http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-frames-970331]

From: Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 10:28:47 +0100
To: www-html-editor@w3.org
Spelling error.
--
Arnaud

attached mail follows:

A Little spellingmistake...

Hi and thanks for a great service from w3c!

I searched the w3c site to find information about how to
implement frames, so i typed in the Search w3c site dialog "framset".

I realized my spelling mistake too late (I forgot an 'e'). However I
still got a hit!
I like to think of w3c as "the ultimate trouth about the World Wide Web"
so
even a nonimportant spelling mistake like this should be fixed!

Here is a exerpt from, the text

Alternate document for non-frame browsers

Content providers can create an alternative content viewable by
non-frame-capable clients and clients set not to use frames. Since some
browsers do not support frames, a document that uses frames should
always supply an alternate document that these browsers can read.
This is achieved by having a BODY element following the outermost
FRAMSET element. This BODY element and its content is ignored by
frame-capable web clients (unless they are set not to perform a frame
based display).

The error is three lines from the bottom in UPPERCASE letters.

Thank again for your services

Jens

http://www.mikitravel.se/
http://www.algonet.se/~gainware/