Can you Double Space with HTML?

From: Gerald Rogers <Gerald.L.Rogers@state.me.us>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 08:59:17 -0400
To: www-html-editor@w3.org
Hello,

I've been creating web pages now for more than 2 years.  Almost
everytime I turn around, just like with computer technology, something
new is coming out on HTML.  I try to implement as much of the new tags
as possible in my documents.  I know the latest version included some
tags for full justification.  Great, now we can control left, right,
center, and full justification, just like with MS Word.

Now I was wondering, can you control line spacing as well?  You know,
make a paragraph double, or triple spaced by adding a few tags?  I know
if I added <br> tags, that would work, but slow me down tremendously.

Let me know if you can, as soon as possible.  I am working on a document
that requires double spacing.  Thanks.

Gerald Rogers