Re: HTML4.0 and FRAMESET (fwd)

Dave Raggett wrote:

> Can anyone else shine a light on this?
>
> Regards,
>
> -- Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org> http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett
> tel/fax: +44 122 578 2984 (or 2521) +44 385 320 444 (gsm mobile)
> World Wide Web Consortium (on assignment from HP Labs)

That is correct.

> If I want to stick to the HTML 4.0 specification, how do I make a zero-spacing
> between frames - <FRAMESET rows="*,100" border=0> works, but is it a HTML 4.0
> specification?

1) I don't think you can use style sheets to control borders
  around frames (although you might experiment with the 'border'
  property in CSS; see http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2)

2) You can experiment with the "frameborder" property on the FRAME
element.

3) Certain browsers may support non-standard attributes, but I don't
   recommend this for reasons of interoperability.

I have not tested any of these solutions myself.

 - Ian

--
Ian Jacobs (jacobs@w3.org)
http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs