possible error in HTML 4.0 specification

From: Tony Leneis <tony@plaza.ds.adp.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 01:09:48 -0800 (PST)
To: www-html-editor@w3.org
	There seems to be an error in the table portion of the HTML 4.0
specification.  Section B.5 mentions the cols attribute many times, but
it is not listed as a valid attribute for the TABLE element in section
11.2.1.  I'm not sure which text to believe, since RFC 1942 defines this
attribute.  There are some related typographical errors in section B.5.
Sometimes the cols attribute is all lowercase, following the convention
mentioned in section 1.2.1, and other times it is all uppercase.  I'm
guessing that all references to the cols attribute are supposed to be
excised from section B.5, since the user agent can simply look at the
COLGROUP and COL elements.

-Tony Leneis
tony@plaza.ds.adp.com