Re: HTML4.0 : link error

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 15:39:25 +0100
To: mathieu.bois@nomura.co.uk
CC: www-html-editor@w3.org
mathieu.bois@nomura.co.uk wrote:

> In the page
> http://www.w3.org/TR/PR-html40/intro/sgmltut.html#h-3.2.2

Thank you, but we're not concerned with errors in the Proposed
Recommendation. Please consult the Recommendation, at:

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40

> There is the sentence :
> Authors may also use numeric character references to represent double quotes
> (&#34;) and single quotes (&#39;).
> For double quotes authors can also use the character entity reference &quot;.
>
> --> the final &quot; is not needed there !

I don't understand this comment: the name of the charcter entity
reference
is &quot; (it's the object of the sentence here).

Thank you for your comments,

Ian Jacobs