Re: About TABLE's bgcolor.

UCHIDA,Akira wrote:

> I have a question about TABLE's bgcolor attribute.
>
> In 11.2.1, it is not marked "DEPRECATED". But I can't
> find it in the Strict DTD.
> Is the bgcolor attribute of the TABLE element deprecated
> or not?

Yes, it is deprecated. See 15.11.1. The "bgcolor" attribute
defined in the chapter on tables links to this definition.
Additionally, the attribute index indcates that it's deprecated
and it's not in the strict DTD.

> By the way, I use Netscape Navigator 3.04 to read the HTML
> 4.0 Specification. My settings are:
>         Background:             black
>         Text:                   white
>         Color control:  Let Document Override.
> I can't read the TABLE in section B.5.1. Because my
> Mozilla can't understand your CSS style information and
> there is no text color information in that document.

I don't believe there is a table in section B.5.1.
There is one in B.4.1, excerpted here:

                                 Site URI              URI for
robots.txt
                        http://www.w3.org/
http://www.w3.org/robots.txt
                        http://www.w3.org:80/
http://www.w3.org:80/robots.txt
                        http://www.w3.org:1234/
http://www.w3.org:1234/robots.txt
                        http://w3.org/
http://w3.org/robots.txt

> Coul'd you please remove bgcolor attribute from that
> table or add FONT color to that table?

We can't change Recommendation documents. Soon, however, I
hope to have a page up at W3C that will help users having difficulties
reading W3C documents.

I will remove the bgcolor attribute from this table definition. The
next draft will be corrected.

> I know that I can read the section B.5.1 if I change my
> browser's settings. But I wish the specification to be
> more accessible.

Thank you for your input,

 - Ian

--