Re: About empty P element.

From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 07:51:00 -0400
To: "UCHIDA,Akira" <uchida@happy.email.ne.jp>
CC: www-html-editor@w3.org
UCHIDA,Akira wrote:

> In 9.3.1, it is said that
> | We discourage authors from using empty P elements.
>
> But I saw many empty P elements in many files like this.

> | <P>Here's a simple form that includes labels, radio buttons,
> | and push buttons (reset the form or submit it):
>
> I hope you to pick them off.

Thank you for pointing this out. This is purely an artifact
of our writing the HTML by hand; we did not attempt to
achieve any effect with the empty P elements - we just
put in too many!

Although we used tools to verify that we don't write
illegal SGML, we didn't use tools to correct stylistic
problems.

Thanks again,

 - Ian

--