META http-equiv="refresh" syntax

From: Chris Tilt <chris.tilt@tek.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 15:41:19 -0700
To: www-html-editor@w3.org
Hi. Perhaps others will benefit from correcting what appears to be
a misprint in the HTML draft document. I appologize if I am making
a redundant comment, as I am not familiar with the editing process.

In section 7.4.4 Meta data, the paragraph starting...
-------
"Some user agents support the use of META to refresh the current page
after a specified number of seconds, with the
option of replacing it by a different URL.

<META http-equiv="refresh" content="3,http://www.acme.com/intro.html">"
-------

Netscape and IE4 expect a different syntax than what is shown.
They want a semi-colon(;) instead of comma(,), and the URL must
be specified as "URL=<url>". So the corrected example would be:

<META http-equiv="refresh"
content="3;URL=http://www.acme.com/intro.html">"

So, I don't know if the spec is in error, or if the browsers just
don't follow the spec :-) Hope is wasn't too trivial.

Cheers, Chris
--
Chris Tilt                           50/490
Video and Networking Div.            Tektronix, Inc.