From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 1998 09:49:41 -0500
To: jamie@csd.uwo.ca
CC: www-html-editor@w3.org
jamie@csd.uwo.ca wrote:
>     According to the accompanying text to section 12.4 target is part
> of base, but it is not listed in the (strict) DTD.  If it is not part
> of the DTD then the text is confusing.  Otherwise the text is wrong.

I'm not sure what you mean. The "target" attribute is in the
transitional DTD, not the strict DTD. A link is provided
in section 12.4 for convenience, but is not listed next to
the "href" attribute: we have chosen not to put deprecated
attributes in the DTD fragment for each element.

I'm not sure what part is confusing you.

 - Ian

Ian Jacobs / 401 Second Ave. #19G / New York, NY 10010 USA
Tel/Fax: (212) 684-1814          Email: jacobs@w3.org