Re: TARGET in BASE

From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 1998 09:49:41 -0500
To: jamie@csd.uwo.ca
CC: www-html-editor@w3.org
jamie@csd.uwo.ca wrote:

>     According to the accompanying text to section 12.4 target is part
> of base, but it is not listed in the (strict) DTD.  If it is not part
> of the DTD then the text is confusing.  Otherwise the text is wrong.

Hello,

I'm not sure what you mean. The "target" attribute is in the
transitional DTD, not the strict DTD. A link is provided
in section 12.4 for convenience, but is not listed next to
the "href" attribute: we have chosen not to put deprecated
attributes in the DTD fragment for each element.

I'm not sure what part is confusing you.

 - Ian

--
Ian Jacobs / 401 Second Ave. #19G / New York, NY 10010 USA
Tel/Fax: (212) 684-1814          Email: jacobs@w3.org