Re: Editorial comments (last ones ;)

From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 09:12:56 -0500
To: Gerald Oskoboiny <gerald@w3.org>
CC: www-html-editor@w3.org

In http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-html-wg/1997JulSep/0642.html,
Chris Lilley writes:

> ... I have never heard a convincing reason for
> disallowing IMG in PRE, for example. PRE then becomes a generic block wrapper,
> like DIV, but with some presentational semantics thrown in.

From a cursory search of the HTML WG archives, that's all I found
on the subject of IMG in PRE. I fear that the WG (or the Chair)
won't approve such a change -- however smart it may be -- at such
a late date.

Ian

--
Ian Jacobs / 401 Second Ave. #19G / New York, NY 10010 USA
Tel/Fax: (212) 684-1814