Re: Problems with HTML 4.0 decl on Unix

On Sat, 25 Oct 1997, Dave Raggett wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Oct 1997, Gerald Oskoboiny wrote:
> > I've run into some problems trying to get the HTML 4.0 SGML stuff
> > (DTDs and HTML4.decl) to work on Unix systems.
> >
> > The line it's complaining about in HTML4.decl is:
> >
> >                   160 1113952 160
>
> Martin Duerst has pointed out within the last 3 days that the
> large number here is in error, and has given us the rationale
> for a smaller number which will hopefully work. I need to check
> the archives to find his message and the correct number to use.

In order to work on Unix systems, it seems that number needs
to be 65376 or lower. I suspect that might be *too* low to keep
all the Unicode people happy, which is why I thought 2 decls
might be in order. But I don't really know.

Please keep me posted on whatever you learn, and let me know
if I can help,

Gerald
--
Gerald Oskoboiny            <gerald@w3.org>  +1 617 253 2920