version information: draft, internal decl subset

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 1997 11:21:42 -0500
To: www-html-editor@w3.org
Please strike the two notes in

"Experience suggests that these terms were ineffective so they are not
     proposed for HTML 4.0. "

The were ineffective because we used them slopilly: we
issued a spec that gave plain "HTML 3.2" *before* we
started issues specs that said "HTML 3.2 draft".

The bell was already struck.

"We recommend that authors avoid using the DTD subset due to the lack of
     widespread support for this feature. "

In fact, we require that. Strike the note and change
"should" to "must" in:

"so authors should include one of the following..."

Dan Connolly, W3C HTML Working Group Chair