Re: Problems with HTML 4.0 decl on Unix

From: Gerald Oskoboiny <gerald@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 17:41:45 -0400 (EDT)
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
cc: www-html-editor@w3.org

:
> > If you like, I can bring this up on comp.text.sgml to see if any of
> > the SGML gurus there can help.
>
> Please do.
>
> But it's quite urgent; don't hesitate to ping James Clark
> and co on the sgmls development mailing list: this *is* an
> implementation issue.

OK.

By the way, does W3C have a process in place to issue amended versions
of HTML 4.0 if necessary, even after it becomes a Recommendation?

I think it's important for W3C to maintain an official "updated"
version of HTML 4.0 DTDs etc indefinitely, just in case bugs are
found after it's too late. (like &quot; missing from HTML 3.2.)

Gerald
--
Gerald Oskoboiny            <gerald@w3.org>  +1 617 253 2920
System Administrator, W3C   http://www.w3.org/People/Gerald/