Table Backgrounds

From: Jonathan W. Sodt <fenmere@lab.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 16:44:17 -0700
To: <www-html-editor@w3.org>
I am concerned that HTML v4.0 may not support background textures in
tables.

The background element in tables is a very versetile, and potentially
stunning graphical tool.  I use it extensively on my own web pages.  While
I know that it was origenally implemented by Microsoft, Netscape has since
adopted it, and I see no reason that it shouldn't become standard.

I have read the specifications of HTML v4.0 as they currently stand, and if
the background element for tables is in there, I did not see it.  This
vexes me, as I would like to support the standard.

Please reply.  A short answer will do.  Perhapse a name or link to someone
who has the information ready?

--
Jonathan W. Sodt	(fenmere@lab.net)

            Brain-Crushingly Blue