Comment on HTML 4.0 Draft

From: <zafod@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 21:36:18 -0700
To: www-html-editor@w3.org
Dear Sirs/Ms:

In general, only two comments:

1) I think we need a little more stability as to version life; a new release every 14 months is a bit too much.  3.2 has not really been around that long.

2) Although we design with Netscape-specific tags a great deal of the time ourselves, we feel that every time Netscape or Microsoft sneezes out a browser-specific tag, well, it automatically does not have to be adopted, and, in fact, might be even resisted a little.  HTML should remain a sleek, trim, markup language, and not degenerate into a bloated specification like Netscape 4.0 has turned into a bloated, 11 MB behemoth of a program.

"More" and "Bigger" is not always "Better".

Respectfully,

Lin Robertson

              WebAuthors!
  Internet Solutions for Small Business
          www.arrowweb.com/M1                     "Anything you don't
       Member, HTML Writer's Guild              understand looks easy."
        mail: zafod@ix.netcom.com                  -J.D. Brunbuddy