define href=""

From: Ariel <ars@ziplink.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 14:28:44 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-html-editor@w3.org

One thing I would like defined is the action that the user agent takes
when the link is blank "". (a href, form action, img src, etc.)

I did some testing, in the version of lynx that I tried, "" is interpreted
as the current file, Netscape however interprets it as the current
directory.

Both of them interpret "./" as the current directory so that is what I
ended up using.

Defining "" as the current file, and "./" as the current directory has one
advantage over the more intuitive "" = directory. It allows the option of
a self referencing file, useful if the file name itself is dynamic, which
leads to the question of, are URL parameters used in such a case.

In any case it would be nice if it was defined.