Re: Correct namespace of XPath Functions?

Hello Adam,

Thanks for your mail.

The working group discussed this today, and are a bit worried how you got
this impression, and want to improve the text if we can so that this
misunderstanding won't arise again.

In any case, the answer is no, you do not need to change the namespace
prefix when migrating to XForms 2.0. The XForms and XPath functions will
all be available without a prefix, in the default namespace.

There is only one caveat: XPath 2.0 adopted a few functions that were in
XForms 1.1, and not in XPath 1.0. These are usually identical, but
occasionally with a difference in edge cases. XForms 2.0 uses the new
XPath 2 functions by default, but in the odd case where you want the old
semantics, you will explicitly have to use the xf: prefix to get it.

Here is an example:

http://www.w3.org/TR/xforms11/#fn-adjust-dateTime-to-timezone
http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath-functions/#func-adjust-dateTime-to-timezone

I believe that the functions that have migrated in this way are:
adjust-dateTime-to-timezone, avg, compare, id, max, min,
seconds-from-dateTime

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Steven Pemberton