Re: New introduction to XForms 2.0

Hi Steven,

The preamble is looking good, thanks for the changes.
The one bullet point that is not like the others is "Structured, typed
data is supported." It does not communicate the advantage(s) like the
others do.
I could recommend something that accentuates submissions and the direct
bindings of UI controls and model item properties, like this:

* Structured, typed data is supported. The hierarchical data structures
that REST and web services produce and consume are directly consumed and
produced by forms, preserving the data structure throughout an end-to-end
solution. The form's controls and data model processing constructs bind
directly to and operate directly on hierarchical data structures. Although
XML is the principal format for this, other transmission formats like JSON
and CSV are also supported.

Maybe some further word swizzling could connect "end-to-end solution" with
the compatibility of forms, via REST services, with various NoSQL storage
solutions, like MongoDB or CouchDB.

Either way, you may even then want to move this first.

Best regards,
John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
IBM Distinguished Engineer & IBM Master Inventor
@johnboyerphd | boyerj@ca.ibm.com