load and submit

From: C. M. Sperberg-McQueen <cmsmcq@blackmesatech.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 20:44:59 -0600
Cc: "C. M. Sperberg-McQueen" <cmsmcq@blackmesatech.com>
To: www-forms@w3.org
From time to time I find myself wishing I could submit an
instance to the server and have the result returned by
the server opened in a new window.  This appears to be
a kind of cross between a submit and a load -- but the
only way I can see to achieve this is to pass the instance
data long as query parameters on a GET request, which
doesn't work very well for non-trivial instances.

Is there a way to achieve this behavior, or am I wishing
for the impossible?

* http://www.blackmesatech.com
* http://cmsmcq.com/mib
* http://balisage.net