Argumentation needed - IHE intends to drop XForms in favor of HTML5

From: Joern Turner <joern.turner@googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 15:56:00 +0200
To: www-forms@w3.org
Sorry - i missed to give my previous mail a meaningful subject

I repeat my message here hoping the WG will respond to that.
i received a call for help from a client being in eHealth: the IHE
(Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise) - http://www.ihe.net/  which
develops standards in healthcare is about to remove XForms from their
technical framework recommendations. This is the original text i
received:

“With the use of XHTML forms, and with HTML 5 the replaising XHTML 2.0
(which was supposed to incorporate XForms, thus providing wide support
for the technology)  as the next version of HTML, there are
practically no implementations of XForms. Leaving XHTML forms as the
only option will signifficantly improve interoperability.“

I would be happy if the Working Group would step in and help to argue
against this as this means that XForms  must not be used any more in
IHE-related projects. This is a real catastrophe for the client and he
asked for all the help possible to influence the IHE. I already tried
to write something down but i feel that
it would be helpful to get a statement from the authors of the spec.

Thanks,

Joern Turner