Re: Is an XForm an application for, or a representation of an instance data?

From: Steven Pemberton <Steven.Pemberton@cwi.nl>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 16:28:52 +0200
To: "www-forms@w3.org" <www-forms@w3.org>, "Philip Fennell" <Philip.Fennell@marklogic.com>
On Fri, 22 Jul 2011 18:26:47 +0200, Philip Fennell
<Philip.Fennell@marklogic.com> wrote:

> The ability to request a representation of a resource that allows the
> resource to be edited is an interesting one and I'm not sure it has been
> covered in any great detail if at all.

Not sure if I agree with you there. GET and PUT are symmetric; it should
be perfectly normal to be able to request a resource, edit it, and PUT it
back. It annoys me greatly that it is so hard to do (partly a fault of
Apache that they made something so basic so hard to achieve).

Steven