Re: invalid binding expression error

From: Swithun Crowe <swithun@swithun.servebeer.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 15:49:17 +0100 (BST)
To: e-letter <inpost@gmail.com>
cc: www-forms@w3.org
Hello

e> >> <xforms:submission id="
e> >>> savepagegeneralinformation"
e> >>> action="file://localhost/tmp/testsubmit.xml" method="put"
e> >>> indent="false" omit-xml-declaration="false" standalone="false"
e> >>> replace="instance" instance="test"/>
e> >>

e> I do not understand; I do not have an element 'test'? If I remove the
e> attribute 'replace', according to the specification all information
e> should be selected, but this option fails also.

A few things may be going wrong here. I'm not sure what gets returned back
to the form from a PUT submission to the local file system. If nothing is
being sent back to the form, then there is nothing to replace anything
with.

If the @replace attribute says "instance", then the @instance attribute
says which instance to replace with whatever is returned from the
submission. If there is no @replace attribute, then I think the whole form
is replaced by whatever is returned from the submission. If nothing is
returned, the @replace should be "none".

I'm guessing that your form did have an instance called "test". If the
submission returned anything, then it would be put into this instance.

Hope this helps.

Swithun.