RE: XSLT extension action - continued

Hello,

> "Transform" is a very nice name in case of XSLT and XSL-FO
> (both available through eDIB). But, for XProc and XQuery this
> name is not so intuitive.

In the cases of XSLT, XQuery and XProc, when these processes are applied to an instance data the result will be a a new structure (or at the very least the same structure (identity)) so I think the most common and broadly understood term to describe what has happened to the instance data is a transformation. Therefore, calling the action xf:transform would seem, to me, to be the most obvious choice.

Regards

Philip Fennell

Consultant
MarkLogic Corporation

Mobile +44 (0) 7824 830 866

email  Philip.Fennell@marklogic.com<mailto:Philip.Fennell@marklogic.com>
<mailto:Philip.Fennell@marklogic.com>web    www.marklogic.com<http://www.marklogic.com/>

This e-mail and any accompanying attachments are confidential. The information is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this e-mail communication by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by returning this message to the sender and delete all copies. Thank you for your cooperation.