xforms-binding-exception

From: Aaron Reed <aaronr@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 17:20:18 -0500
To: www-forms@w3.org
Hi,

The spec says that an xforms-binding-exception will be thrown for "an
illegal binding expression".  Could someone please define this for me,
please?  I assume this covers the rules defined for
xforms-compute-exception (i.e. syntax error in the expression, undefined
namespace used, etc).  Anything else?  If the author writes a binding
expression in such a way that a non-node type is returned (i.e. uses
ref="position()"), this does not qualify as an illegal binding
expression, does it?  In such a case doesn't the processor just ignore
the element and its children and move on?

Sorry if this is a simple question.  Been away from xforms for a while
and couldn't find anything on the web that says what happens when a
binding expression returns a type other than a node-set.

Thanks,
--Aaron