Dependencies for XPath evaluation

From: COUTHURES Alain <alain.couthures@agencexml.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 10:01:27 +0200
To: John Boyer <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>
CC: Simon Gijsen <emc-community-network@emc.com>, public-forms@w3.org, "www-forms@w3.org" <www-forms@w3.org>

An xslt() function wouldn't be the only situation to be concerned with
ancestor dependencies.

Here is a very basic test case:

        <title>Hello to the Bear Family</title>
        <xf:model id="mod">
            <data xmlns="">
        <xf:input ref="PersonGivenName" incremental="true">
            <xf:label>Please enter your first name: </xf:label>
        <xf:output value=".">
            <xf:label>Hello </xf:label>

As you can see, "Hello Teddy Bear" is expected and this should change to
"Hello Ma Bear" when typing "Ma" instead of "Teddy".

I tested it against Mozilla Extension, Formula EMC and XSLTForms.
Formula EMC is the only one succeeding but I don't know if Simon has
implemented a dependency engine ;-)

What do you think?