Re: Question to Test Case 8.1.1.b

Lars,

The spec says the following: "When a non-relevant form control changes
to being relevant, the XForms action handlers that listen for events
on the form control must become enabled and then the form control must
be updated to represent the current value(s) and model item properties
of the instance node(s) to which it is bound or to which it refers.
The following events must be dispatched to the form control:
xforms-enabled, xforms-value-changed, one of xforms-valid or
xforms-invalid, one of xforms-readonly or xforms-readwrite, one of
xforms-required or xforms-optional, and one of xforms-in-range or
xforms-out-of-range."

To me, this doesn't make much sense, but it is just one of the many
issues with UI events in our (Orbeon) opinion. We raised this as a
general issue a couple of years ago [1]. At Orbeon we have done quite
a bit of work since then on improving UI events, and we now have a
more fleshed-out proposal on our wiki [2]. As an implementor, it would
be great if you could comment on it ;)

-Erik

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2007Jun/0030.html
[2] http://wiki.orbeon.com/forms/doc/developer-guide/xforms-refresh-events