Re: XForms 1.1 is a W3C Recommendation

Scott,

yes AFAIK you are right. But this does not mean that there are no
mature and powerful implementations out there that have been proven in
a lot of real-life projects. I agree that from an interoperability
point of view we still have to do some work. On the other hand XForms
1.1 is such a big improvement over 1.0 that it's probably not
astonishing that the implementers haven't addressed all new
functionality yet. But be sure that we're working on it. For my part i
can say that we're beyond 95% now and have automated the testsuite for
regression testing. Stay tuned and i'm sure you'll see conformant
processors in the public space within a few weeks or months from now.

Probably it would be worth for the WG to think about doing less in one
step. This would certainly make the implemeners life easier and
probably lead to fully conformant processors in shorter time. But
there was hardly a chance to do so for 1.1 as so many lessons-learned
had to be addressed.  Hope there will be a chance for 1.2 but in a
world that ask for features features features ...

Anyway i think the WG did fantastic work and XForms will have a bright
future within the xml technology toolset AND it's definitely a
technology you can use right now.

Joern