Request for being added to the XForms Implementations List

From: Patrick Freudenstein <patrick.freudenstein@kit.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 16:15:59 +0200
To: <www-forms@w3.org>
Cc: <jboyer@acm.org>, <thomas.tikwinski@iais.fraunhofer.de>
Dear working group,

Our research group at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) in Germany
has developed a visual Web-based XForms editor which is available for free

We are kindly requesting to be added to the W3C XForms Group Wiki's
Implementations Page

The editor promotes a two-layered modeling approach which strongly focuses
on dynamic behavior and usability aspects of advanced Web-based dialogs:

1.)    On the first layer, a dialog's data model can be visually grouped
into semantically cohesive groups and dynamic transitions between these
groups can be defined ("Previous / Next" or selection-dependent

2.)    On the second layer, each partition's appearance can be designed in
detail, thereby particularly emphasizing usability-enhancing attributes like
help, hint, validations etc.

All modeling can be done visually in the browser. The implementation is
AJAX-based which fosters an efficient and satisfying modeling experience.
Besides that, also direct manipulations on the XForms markup code can be

The editor is part of our "Dialog DSL" research which was presented at the
WWW2008 and the ICWE2008:

We have also begun to conduct empirical evaluations of the editor's adequacy
for stakeholders with a non-IT-related background. The current results
indicate significant efficiency gains as well as a good effectiveness /
usability, also for non-programmers. More information about the evaluation
can be found in my PhD thesis "Web Engineering for Workflow-based
Applications: Models, Systems and Methodologies" which is available at:

We would greatly appreciate being listed on the "XForms Implementations"
page mentioned above. If you should have questions or feedback, please do
not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you very much for your attention!

Best regards,

  Patrick Freudenstein

Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)

Steinbuch Centre for Computing (SCC)

Dr.-Ing. Patrick Freudenstein

Integration and Virtualization

Engesserstr. 4 / Building 20.51

D-76128 Karlsruhe
 <http://research.tm.uka.de/campusmap/mwrg> Find me!

+49 (0)721/608 8072

 <mailto:patrick.freudenstein@kit.edu> patrick.freudenstein@kit.edu

 <http://mwrg.tm.uni-karlsruhe.de/> http://mwrg.tm.uni-karlsruhe.de

KIT - University of the federal state of Baden-Wuerttemberg and national
large-scale research center of the Helmholtz Association