Re: XForms 1.1 - target of the xforms-delete event

Another possible fix is to have xforms delete ignore nodes which are not
in the same instances as the first node, or to no-op entirely.

Insert can only insert nodes into one instance, so it is reasonable to
have consistency with delete.   When delete was changed from one node to
many nodes, the most urgent requirement we had in mind to satisfy was
deletion of a set of children of a given node.  This can reasonably expand
to nodes having a common ancestor, but crossing DOMs just seems a little
much, esp. without the analogous insert ability.

Cheers,
John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
STSM, Interactive Documents and Web 2.0 Applications
Chair, W3C Forms Working Group
IBM Victoria Software Lab
E-Mail: boyerj@ca.ibm.com

Blog RSS feed: