Announcing Chiba 3 beta2

From: Joern Turner <joern.turner@googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 18:33:22 +0200
To: www-forms <www-forms@w3.org>
We're happy to announce that Chiba 3 beta2 is now ready for download:

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=20274&package_id=328366

Some new features in Chiba 3:
- significant parts of Chiba have been redesigned and rewritten for
better extensibility, scalability and performance

- Chiba now uses the rich widget library of the Dojo toolkit for a
much improved user interface including layout managers for
application-like UIs

- JavaScript Compilation allows to load the whole widget library with
a single request to reduce network latency

- Chiba is now tested against the official XForms 1.1 Test Suite E1
with a success rate of 86% for all normative tests

- we have introduced serializable XForms sessions to enhance
scalability and robustness as well as allow clustering

- XForms can be loaded dynamically as subforms of other XForms
allowing to handle the complex XML data structures

- Chiba 3 is now dual-licensed under BSD and Apache 2 licenses

While not everything is already perfect (it's a beta) the new version
is already very stable and used under heavy conditions.

Give it a try and let us know.

Our homepage has some live demos and can be found here:
http://www.chiba-project.org:8080/chiba

Thanks,

Joern Turner
- Chiba project admin -