Re: XForms 1.1 delete processing - proposed editorial clarification & proposed namespace node immutability statement

Hi Vlad,

The working group agreed that inserting, deleting and setting the value of
namespace nodes and root nodes is not supported and that the insert,
delete and setvalue actions would be amended to say that requests for
setting the value of, deleting, or using these nodes as the origin of an
insert would all be ignored.  The XForms 1.1 specification will be amended
accordingly and implementations can proceed with this understanding.

Thank you,
John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
STSM, Interactive Documents and Web 2.0 Applications
Chair, W3C Forms Working Group
IBM Victoria Software Lab
E-Mail: boyerj@ca.ibm.com

Blog RSS feed: