Re: warning if a required field is left empty

From: Charles F Wiecha <wiecha@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 17:01:21 -0500
To: Jabba Laci <jabba.laci@gmail.com>
Cc: xforms <www-forms@w3.org>, www-forms-request@w3.org

Hi -- In XForms 1.0 you can listen for the xforms-submit-error event,
dispatched on the relevant <submission> element.  This event is used to
signal, among other things, required but missing data.  See section 11.1 of
the spec (http://www.w3.org/TR/xforms/#submit).

In XForms 1.1 the xforms-submit-error is augmented with context information
that allows you to test specifically for this condition vs. other possible
causes of a failed submission.

Charlie Wiecha