Re: Templating/subforms

From: Erik Bruchez <ebruchez@orbeon.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 10:44:42 -0700
To: www-forms@w3.org

Adam,

Good to hear about your experience. In general, there are a few
avenues for reuse / componentization:

1. Basic inclusions, for example with XInclude
2. Transformations using a more advanced transformation language like
XSLT (which can also "include" content with templates or with external
documents)
3. "Real" components, using for example XBL [1]

All of those make sense depending on use cases, and we regularly use
them in our implementation (with a particular push on XBL at the
moment).

-Erik

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xbl/

http://www.orbeon.com/