Simple Toolkit Abstraction project idea

From: Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b@gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 11:22:13 +0100 (CET)
To: www-forms@w3.org

Hello,

I am the author of the colour management system Oyranos.
In this system I want to expose plug-in settings to users whithout knowing
about the actual toolkit a application is runing inside.
Currently I think the system can build upon a small subset of XFORMS
elements and extent in other parts.
The idea to (re-)use XFORMS syntax was born in a discussion with Jon Cruz
from Inkscape, which does a lot with W3C XML.

The goal is to create a convention, which abstracts content logic from UI
representation and from the data model:
http://www.oyranos.org/wiki/index.php?title=XML_Plug-in_options

This project is still in the design phase. It was as well suggested for a
Google summer of code project, but several sides mentioned it to bee too
complicated for a 3 months student work:
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/OpenIccForGoogleSoC2008#head-07e05f69f1b4e331ba0d3741dc06ba53ae728459

Here a question:
XFORMS documents can be displayed through FF with the xforms plug-in
installed.
Are there other smaller footprint projects known to display XFORMS on a
local host?

Any ideas and suggestions are welcome :-)

kind regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
--
developing for colour management