Re: what should happen when a xf:insert is inside a xforms-select handler?

From: Aaron Reed <aaronr@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 11:00:06 -0600
To: www-forms@w3.org

Hey John,

> Realizing that the above may not win the convenience award, it would,
> for anyone who responded to the call for expression of need, cause me to
> ask:  what specifically are you trying to do that you can't do?

Your workaround will work for cases where the xf:item contains xf:value
elements.  But I do not believe that the workaround is possible should
the xf:itemset contain a xf:copy element unless there is an xpath
function that I'm unaware of (a distinct possibility) to determine node
tree equality.  I guess it is possible using JS, though (on Firefox, at
least).

--Aaron