submit doesn't appear as button

From: Pruitt, Byron S <steve.pruitt@hp.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 20:17:26 +0000
To: "www-forms@w3.org" <www-forms@w3.org>
Got a newbie question.  I have a simple xform with two input fields and a single submit button.  The input fields show up correctly, but the submit does not show up as a button.  The submit label appears but there is not button.  I have tried example xforms from the web and they all have the symptom..  Not sure what is wrong.

My xform looks like...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xforms>
<head>
<model>
  <instance>
  <Template>
            <Letter>
                        <Advisor_EmployeeID></Advisor_EmployeeID>
                        <Client_ID></Client_ID>
            </Letter>
</Template>
  </instance>