namespace question

From: Swithun Crowe <swithun@swithun.servebeer.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 14:23:10 +0100 (BST)
To: www-forms@w3.org

Hello

I have a small puzzling problem. I have an XForms document where the
default namespace is declared as so:

(with all the other namespaces there too)

Then, in one of the instances, the default namespace is declared as empty:

<xf:instance id="text_instance">
   <tei:TEI xmlns=""> ...

But then, when this instance is submitted, it shows up as:

<tei:TEI xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" ...

I would like to get rid of this default namespace declaration. I would
rather not have to use a non-default namespace for the XHTML elements.
Shouldn't the xmlns="" inside the instance override the xmlns="http..." in
the ancestor html element?

Does anyone have any ideas? I'm using Firefox (2.0.0.14/0.8.5). I can ask
on the Mozilla XForms list if anyone thinks it is a implementation
specific problem.

A copy of the form is here:
http://swithun.servebeer.com/namespace.xhtml

Thanks.