load element question

From: Aaron Reed <aaronr@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 18:54:22 -0600
To: www-forms@w3.org

Hi,

I'm reading the 1.1 spec for the xf:load element.  It seems to be more
clear and more detailed than the 1.0 spec and I just want to confirm my
suspicions.  Am I correct to assume that to be a conforming processor,
an implementation should try to navigate the URL in the resource/binding
attr and if it is reachable then we do whatever @show says to do, like
replace the document or open a new window.  However, if the URL is NOT
reachable, we should just dispatch a xforms-link-error event and NOT
replace the document or open a new window.  Is that correct?  So
processors should no longer show any 4xx errors or 5xx errors?

Any feedback appreciated,
--Aaron