Re: xforms:upload updating two parts of the model

From: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 11:43:38 +0000
To: "John Boyer" <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>
Cc: "Nuno Job" <nunojobpinto@gmail.com>, www-forms@w3.org

Hi John,

> Not sure, but I think you may have suggested that an xforms-value-changed
> (XVC) will happen on the filename child element of an upload.
> Just in case that's what you meant, the current spec does not support that
> because the ref used in filename is not a UI binding.  Only full-blown form
> controls receive events from the model corresponding to their UI bindings.
>
> It may work in an implementation that treats every ref as a UI binding, but
> then you have odd stuff happening like XVC events going to setvalue and such.

No...I'm definitely *not* saying that XVC applies to anything other
than a form control.

And that's exactly the problem!

It means that for authors to register a handler that will perform some
action whenever a particular node has changed, they have to create a
redundant form control:

    .xvc-event-handler { display: none; }

  <xf:output ref="node-to-watch" class="xvc-event-handler">
    <xf:action ev:event="xforms-value-changed">
    </xf;action>
  </xf;output>

Best regards,

Mark

--
  Mark Birbeck

  mark.birbeck@x-port.net | +44 (0) 20 7689 9232
  http://www.x-port.net | http://internet-apps.blogspot.com

  x-port.net Ltd. is registered in England and Wales, number 03730711
  The registered office is at:

    2nd Floor
    Titchfield House
    69-85 Tabernacle Street