What to do with outer xf:bind with no @nodeset

From: Aaron Reed <aaronr@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 17:34:55 -0600
To: www-forms@w3.org

I noticed that the 1.1 spec and 1.0 Third Edition spec have made the
@nodeset attribute on xf:bind optional.  But no mention is made as to
what the default bound nodeset is when xf:bind is an outer bind.
Consider the below testcase and please answer these questions:

1) What node will the calculate MIP be applied to?
2) What should the submitted instance document look like?

Mozilla, Sidewinder, and X-Smiles all have different answers and Orbeon
sandbox can't even load the form so I'm more than a little curious.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!-- basic FO page definition stuff -->
xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" >
       <title>binding testcase</title>
           <xforms:instance xmlns="">
           <xforms:bind id="binddata"
           <xforms:submission id="submitInfo"
           action="http://www.xformstest.org/cgi-bin/echo.sh" />
       <h2>I think that the submission should show the current date and
           time along with the value node and its value.
       <h3>Uses now() and bind w/o nodeset attribute</h3><br/>
       <xforms:submit submission="submitInfo">
         <xforms:label>Echo instance data</xforms:label>

Any help appreciated.  Thanks,