sorting and grouping in XForms?

From: C.M.Sperberg-McQueen <cmsmcq@acm.org>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 18:44:50 -0600
Cc: "C. M. Sperberg-McQueen" <cmsmcq@acm.org>
To: www-forms@w3.org

After a few years' neglect, I'm brushing up my XForms knowledge.

As an exercise, I'd like to write a number of XForms applications
to manage relatively simple lists of things I maintain in XML:
to-do lists and that kind of thing.

One of the most important things I want to do with my to-do list
is sort it in different ways:  by project, urgency, and importance;
by size of task, importance, project, urgency; etc.  So far, I
haven't figured out how to do this in an XForms interface.  I've
searched the XForms spec and the tutorials I have had open recently
for words like 'sort', 'order', 'sequence', and come up empty.

Is there a convenient way to sort items dynamically in XForms?
Is there a method that's inconvenient, but possible given willingness
to grit one's teeth?  Can Javascript sort the items in an instance?

Any pointers or advice gratefully received.

C. M. Sperberg-McQueen