Re: Preparing to launch the Forms Task Force ...

From: Asbjørn Ulsberg <asbjorn@ulsberg.no>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 21:36:28 +0100
To: "Joost de Valk" <joost@joostdevalk.nl>, "Dave Raggett" <dsr@w3.org>
Cc: "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>, public-html@w3.org, www-forms@w3.org

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 18:56:53 +0100, Joost de Valk <joost@joostdevalk.nl>
wrote:

> consensus? Among 79 members? My god you're a positive man aren't you? :)

The IETF ATOMPUB Working Group has (or, the mailing list) 213 members. If
we cut that in half to account for idle people and such, that's still ~107
members. And yet, there has been a well-defined procedure for reaching
consensus that the chairs of ATOMPUB have gone through and had success
with over and over again, leading to one finished standard (RFC-4287) and
another one currently in Last Call.

The more people the more work, surely, but seeing the success of ATOMPUB
and its large amount of contributors, I can't see why this should become
an insurmountable task for the HTML WG.

--
Asbjørn Ulsberg     -=|=-    http://virtuelvis.com/quark/