Re: Remarks questions about xf:insert in XForms 1.1

Nick_Van_den_Bleeken@inventivedesigners.com wrote:

>  - Point 3 states : 'If the origin attribute is given, the origin node-set
> is the result of the evaluation of the origin  attribute in the insert
> context. The insert action is terminated with no effect if the origin
> node-set is the empty node-set.'
>
>  -> If I read the text of the origin attribute I'll expect that if you get
> an empty result set after evaluating the origin attribute that you will
> use the last node of the Node Set Binding to get the nodes to insert. But
> Point 3 just nop's if origin attribute results in an empty node set

My opinion: if a form author specifies @origin, then that should be the
source of the nodes to copy. If empty, then nothing is copied.

We should *not* revert to using the last node of the node-set binding.
This would be really surprising to me as a form author.

> Question 4:
> - Point 4 in what case is the Node Set Binding node-set not specified and
> not empty?

The text says it can either:

1. Not be specified at all. This is possible because @nodeset and @bind
are now optional on xforms:insert.

2. Be specified and return an empty node-set.

-Erik

http://www.orbeon.com/