Orbeon submission for XForms Evening Event at XML 2007

From: Erik Bruchez <ebruchez@orbeon.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 23:41:23 +0200
To: www-forms@w3.org
CC: public-forms@w3.org

All,

Please find below our abstract:

   XForms and the eXist XML database: a perfect couple

   XForms speaks XML natively, and so does the open source eXist XML
   database. In this talk, we show how they form a particularly
   attractive combination.

   In particular, we show how the XForms 1.1 submission module, which
   supports REST, can be used to perform CRUD operations in eXist. We
   also look at how XForms can directly submit XML database queries using
   the powerful XQuery 1.0 language implemented by eXist. The result is
   an architecture where complete applications can be developed with an
   XForms processor and the eXist database, while relying entirely on
   open standards.

   We conclude the presentation with live demonstrations of the XForms +
   eXist combination built using open source software.

-Erik

http://www.orbeon.com/