Improve IDL interface with instance mutation functions

From: John Boyer <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 13:36:43 -0800
To: www-forms@w3.org
In the most recent telecon, discussions about XForms Tiny revealed that we
should consider adding to the XForms IDL interface functions that mirror
the key DOM mutation events: insert, delete, and setvalue.

This way XForms Tiny could offer an alternative to writing event handlers
that express ev:event="DOMActivate" (for example) that invoke insert and
delete actions.

Instead, authors could write classic onclick handlers that invoke our
functions to do the same work.

Cheers,
John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
STSM: Workplace Forms Architect and Researcher
Co-Chair, W3C Forms Working Group
IBM Victoria Software Lab
E-Mail: boyerj@ca.ibm.com  http://www.ibm.com/software/