Sending XHTML 1.1 as text/html

From: <victor@method.se>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 04:01:48 +0100
To: www-forms@w3.org

Hello!

I'm wondering why it's bad to send a XHTML 1.1 page as text/html instead of XML?
I mean, is it mainly because one of the most popular web browser (not mentioning
it) can't understand it? Or is it more than that, like security issues?

I have a website www.method.se which perfectly validates as XHTML 1.1 even though I
send it as text/html. I developed it with semantics and usability in mind. Should I
rather use XHTML 1.0 Strict instead?

Best regards,
Victor Norgren
Method of Sweden - Designa en egen skräddarsydd kostym
http://www.method.se