Sect. 7.5.4 of the spec - binding with non-xforms elements

From: Aaron Reed <aaronr@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 14:05:28 -0600
To: www-forms@w3.org

Hi,

I've got a question about UI binding to other XML vocabularies.  Section
7.5.4 of the spec mentions it should be possible and even gives an
example.  The example shows:

What I'd like to know is, is this a node-set bind or a single node bind?
  How is the processor supposed to know which it is?  After all, it is
very conceivable that both should be possible.  For example, why
couldn't an html:optgroup with @bind automatically generate html:options
(one for each node in the bound nodeset) similar to how xf:itemset
automatically generates xf:items?

While I could see that it might be up to the CDF WG to define how an
element of a particular host language with a bind will behave that has a
binding attribute, I would think that it would be up to the XForms
working group to define how to determine if the binding is a single node
binding or a node-set binding.

--Aaron